SPONSOR: Molara Foundation (”Sponsor”)
- ELIGIBILITY: Molara Foundation Scholarship is open only to those legal residents of Nigeria (Africa) who are fourteen (14) years of age or older at the time of application and who are currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning (college, university or trade school/polytechnic). Current employees, officers, directors, and agents of Sponsor and its related companies and members of their immediate families (defined as spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and persons residing at the same address are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter, beginning February 17 of every year, submit a complete scholarship Application online at the Sponsor’s Website www.molarafoundation.org no later than July 25 of every year at 11:59 pm Pacific Time. Limit one (1) Application per person. The application must include name and contact information, background details, academic details, and a short original, previously unpublished written response to the scholarship topic, “Top ten list of the reason you should get this scholarship?” and “What would you say to someone who thinks education doesn’t matter, or that college is a waste of time and money?” (250 words or less). Your written response must be written in English, with correct spelling and grammar, and it must not exceed two-hundred fifty (250) words. No substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages will be accepted once you have submitted your original Application. Written responses that are obscene, pornographic, libelous, or otherwise objectionable will be disqualified. All Applications become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or unintelligible Applications. By submitting an Application, you fully and unconditionally accept and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding.
- SELECTION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Sponsor is looking for eligible Applicants who follow directions and submit Applications that are well-written and clearly and creatively address the topics described above. On or about August 30 of every year, a qualified panel of judges will select potential winners based on the criteria of writing ability (25%), creativity (25%), originality (25%), and overall excellence (25%). Sponsor will select at least two (2) or more of the submitted Applications as the potential Award-Winning Applications. Potential winners will be applicants with a higher score for overall excellence. The potential winners will be notified by e-mail, at which time he/she will be required to sign further documentation as explained below. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential winner notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the potential winner for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right to choose no Scholarship Award Recipient if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Applications. Portions of the Award Winning Application may be posted on the Sponsor’s Website, or used in other marketing materials, without further compensation or notice to the winner.
- AWARD: Two (2) winners or more will receive a Scholarship Award in the amount of one hundred thousand Naira (N100,000) or the amount of first-year tuition. The Scholarship Award will be paid through the award recipient’s school payment portal or directly to the accredited post-secondary institution of higher education attended by the Scholarship Award Recipient (once the Scholarship Award Recipient has enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution of higher education and submitted proof of enrollment to Sponsor). Scholarship Award Recipient must submit proof of enrollment during scholarship application. Scholarship Award may not be assigned, transferred, or changed, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. No cash equivalent award will be awarded. The awarding of any Scholarship Award is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules and subject to Sponsor’s verification of the Applicant and the Applicant’s submission. Applicants agree to be bound by Official Rules and agree that if any Scholarship Award Recipient fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to provide required documents, is found to have violated the Official Rules, or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria/scholarship requirements. Scholarship Award will be forfeited and the Applicant who submitted the Application with the next highest score will become an alternate potential Scholarship Award Recipient. Applicants understand that Sponsor is not liable for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from participation in this Scholarship Program and acceptance, possession, and use of the Scholarship Award. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Scholarship Program, or in the announcement of the Scholarship Award.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by accepting a Scholarship Award, the Scholarship Award Recipients agree that Sponsor may, without any limitation or further compensation or notice, use his or her name, voice, and/or likeness in any and all media, worldwide, for the purpose of advertising and promoting the Website, the Sponsor, the Scholarship Program, or any other promotion, contest or sweepstakes sponsored by molarafoundation.org.
- OWNERSHIP: By submitting an Application, you acknowledge and agree that: (a) Sponsor will own your Application, including your written response submission, and (b) as between you and Sponsor, Sponsor will own all publishing rights in and to the Application and the written response submission. Each Applicant hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns, and conveys to the Sponsor, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the Application and the written response submission(s) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised (the “Rights”). Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the Application and written response submission(s) for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each Applicant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the Application and written response submission(s) submitted by him or her. Each Applicant hereby acknowledges that such Applicant does not reserve any rights in and to the Application and the written response submissions.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this Scholarship Program represents and warrants to Sponsor as follows: (i) the Application, including the written response submission is the Applicant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the written response submission is wholly original with Applicant and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the written response submission neither infringes upon nor violates the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iv) the written response submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and meets the Submission Requirements set forth above. Each Applicant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions, or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Applicant hereunder.
- FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: Except where prohibited, potential Scholarship Award Recipients (or their parents or legal guardians if they are minors at the time of application) will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity/Liability Release, and Copyright Assignment within ten (10) days of notification or the Applicant with the Application with the next highest score will become an alternate potential Scholarship Award Recipient. If notification to a potential Scholarship Award Recipient is returned as deliverable, the Applicant with the Application with the next highest score may become an alternate potential Scholarship Award Recipient.
- NO OBLIGATION TO USE: Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any winning Application or to otherwise exploit a winning Application or continue the development, production, distribution, or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the winning Application for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and the Scholarship Prize Recipients shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
- IMPORTANT. PLEASE READ – GENERAL RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: By entering the Scholarship Program, each Applicant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor, its related companies, affiliates, and each such company’s respective employees, officers, directors and agents are not responsible for any costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising from or in connection with: (i) incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive Applications due to any cause, including without limitation human, transmission, or technical problems, failures, or malfunctions of any kind, whether originating with sender, or otherwise, that may limit an Applicant’s ability to participate in the Scholarship Program; or (ii) any injury or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Scholarship Program and/or the use of any prize, including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the Applicant’s rights of publicity or privacy, or the Applicant’s claim that he or she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any damage to an Applicant’s computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or participating in the Scholarship Program, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Void where prohibited.
- SPONSOR’S RIGHT TO MODIFY, SUSPEND OR TERMINATE: In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Scholarship Program by any event beyond its reasonable control, then Sponsor shall have the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate the Scholarship Program.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the application process or the operation of the Scholarship Program or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, to be submitting responses dishonestly or inaccurately, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. If an Application is confirmed by Sponsor to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, the entrant’s sole remedy shall be another Application, if time permits. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or of any other provision.
- LIST OF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD RECIPIENTS: The names of the Scholarship Award Recipients of this Scholarship Program will be posted on the molarafoundation.org Website Our Scholarship Winners.
15. SPONSOR: The Scholarship Program is sponsored by Molara Foundation. Los Angeles, CA 90015 www.molarafoundation.org